Used for washing, waxing and drying fruit and vegetables. Fill materials include Polyethylene (Supasoft), Nylon, Horsehair and a mixture of these materials. Construction can be punch core or spiral wound. The standard outside diameter is 125mm.
Punch Core Construction
The polyethylene core used in this type of construction is ideally suited for all types of fruit washing, drying and waxing. Suited to use with tomatoes, capsiciums, rock melons, chokos, passionfruit, mangoes, zucchinis and many others.
Trim contours available are parallel or spiral cut. Lengths can vary from 305mm to 3000mm in one piece. (Note – 30mm shaft is recommended over 2000mm). Bushes can be round or 1″ square. Square bushes must be specially ordered.
The common fill materials and uses are:
- 0.018″ Polyethylene (Supasoft) – Washing and drying in cold water
- Horsehair / Supasoft – Waxing and polishing
- Horsehair / Nylon – Waxing and polishing
- 0.008″ Nylon – Washing and drying in hot water
Spiral Wound Construction
Suitable for most fruit. This type of brush is available as a loose coil or by winding 8mm strip brush onto galvanised cores at 2TPI (turns per inch).
Trim contours available are parallel or spiral cut.
The common fill materials and uses are:-
- 0.018″ Polyethylene (Supasoft)
- Washing and drying in cold water
- Horsehair / Supasoft Waxing and polishing
- Horsehair / Nylon Waxing and polishing
- 0.008″ Nylon Washing and drying in hot water